Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tye Dye




Last Sunday morning we tye-dyed! Emily's mom specializes in "la teinture" and she showed us how it is done. She is dying a pange (piece of cloth that you can get made into something) for each of us. I also brought over all these white t-shirts I had that were getting increasingly dirtier everytime I do my laundry in the well water. So hopefully they will become beautiful and tye-dyed and spice up my wardrobe a little bit.

In other news, I got my first package! Lots of bike gear from my mom. I successfully attached it all to my bike using my swiss army knife so I was officially ready for this big bike ride we were going to go on. But then they ended up rescheduling a canceled session for right smack in the middle of Saturday afternoon, ruining the biking excursion. However, we're going to try and go tomorrow. Hoping to see some hippos!

My mom also sent Dr. Bronner's peppermint wash, this stuff is amazing! You can use it for shampoo, toothpaste, laundry detergent or tons of other uses as well. It creates some suds in my hair, unlike the crazy African shampoo product I found at the supermarche that I had to buy a half gallon of. The Dr. Bronner's sort of makes you smell like peppermint though. I figure this is okay since it reminds me of when Cady gave Regina the peppermint footwash to use as facewash in Mean Girls. Bucket baths are also way more fun since I bought a "gant de toilette." This is a washcloth that is shaped like a large mitten...we've spent countless hours discussing their superiority to American washcloths in every French class I've ever taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment