Sunday, August 29, 2010

There are 3 bedrooms in my house but they are all about the size of this bed. So I chose the one in the back corner because it has 2 windows instead of just one and the lightbulb works.
This is the view when you walk in the front door. Two girls came over the other day and they fixed the curtains in my bedroom that I had done a pretty shotty job on. Then they washed the really dirty curtains that were hanging in the kitchen when I arrived and some of my clothes. Then they washed the floor with the rain water and the dirty curtains and then washed the curtains and hung everything on the clothes line we made out of dental floss. I was pretty impressed.
This is the my kitchen and my front door. The lock is pretty tricky but so far I haven't gotten too stuck. The yellow container is called a bidon, it gets filled from water from the forage which I then put into my fliter. Except my filter has been leaking when I fill it more than halfway up so that might be a project for later today.
This is my bathroom before I cleaned it, pretty scary.
Its pretty much a combination of mud and dirt that is all over the walls so its mostly come off after I've scrubbed it with a bucket full of ajax. Definitely missing moving into a new place with mom and dad and a bucket full of environmentally cleaning supplies and a toolbox. But this has definitely been a job for bleach. I had to stop cleaning the bathroom halfway through because none of the water was draining out of the shower drain. I told my proviseur that it was clogged and he came over to help, turns out, there was just a lid covering it up which he was able to remove and then all the water went down. I was feeling pretty silly after that so I decided to show him my mosquito net which I had hung up myself, but when we walked in it had collapsed :-( I fixed it with the ducktape I brought. I also collected all the nails that were just nailed into random walls in my house and put them all in a line on the wall in my bedroom. Then I covered their rustiness with ducktape and hung all my clothes on them, voila a closet!

The shower is pretty much a big joke anyways because the water does not work. There is a huge tank/hole in the ground next to my house that apparently I can get a water truck to come fill up. Then I can wind a pump and then I could potentially have running water. But, the guy will only come do this during the dry season which is next month. I'm pretty skeptical about all of the logistics involved in this one.

A goat wandered up my driveway and was eating some leaves in my front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment