Thursday, August 19, 2010

Officially a volunteer!

We all got sworn in as volunteers on Wednesday, so now I'm official! It was a really nice ceremony and I have some great pictures of all of us in our matching outfits that I can hopefully post soon. Right now I'm in Yaounde, the capital, I just had a hamburger and french fries and I'm getting on the train tonight for the North. I'm spending the weekend at the peace corps house in the extreme north since we won't be able to go to the bank until Monday. Then we're trying to figure out what is the best way to actually get our stuff to post. I have a gigantic hiker backpack, a regular backpack, a rolly duffle, a trunk and a bike... so I think that we might try to take each other to the posts so help carry all this gear. So hopefully I will be at my post early next week, I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment