Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I know I've been a little mia this week, I lent my computer to the French family since their's broke. I was so happy there was finally something nice I could do for them considering I've been showering and eating dinner over at their house... all the while they're super nice about my French progression. Then just when I got it back, the power went out again! But things have been pretty good and quiet here. I'm legitimately sore from attending the teacher's Saturday morning workout session. I watched the local kids' theater performance Saturday night.

There’s this really good juice here made out of these red leaves called fulfulerra. I impulsively picked some up at the market and I decided I was going to try and make it. Thank God my friend took a look at the little baggie I bought first. Turns out what I bought was a traditional Muslim incense, not the juice-making leaves. You do put this in boiling water too, but you don’t drink it! So, now my house smells like a mosque and I have no juice. Maybe next week.

Today was sooo hot I insisted on having my language lesson over a cold drink at the bar. However, the power was out all day and there were lots of people in town because of the market so the only thing cold to drink was non-alcoholic beer! They have this combo beverage here of vitamin enhanced Guiness, sort of like a quasi-energy drink. Anyways it was cold so I drank it.

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment