Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Columbus Day America

Friday it hailed. The kids like to chew on the ice particles. I don’t understand temperature wise how it can go from burning hot to ice falling from the sky?

Sunday I got sick, the lightbulb in my bedroom burned out and my cell phone died and refused to charge. I’m starting to get used to over-sharing my health issues with my boss.

Columbus Day was not celebrated here. I’m unclear about whether that was just a holiday at Georgetown or if that counts in the real world too. But then this morning the principal took what I assume was a student’s confiscated cell phone, and split it open with a hammer in front of all the students during the weekly flag ceremony. It was pretty awesome, I stopped feeling sorry for myself about Columbus Day and kept trying to picture Mr. Achey doing something like this.

Additionally, I feel better now and my neighbor lent me her extra cell phone battery so I’m back in business. Another volunteer is popping by tomorrow afternoon for the market and I’m giving my first English Exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment