Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Football

I’m currently sitting at home holding a bottle of pineapple juice to my head since I managed to collide with one of my students during the world cup football extravaganza that ensued this afternoon. How do I get myself into these situations? Today was the opening ceremony of clubs. This involved a parade and a teachers vs. students football match. Of course nobody explained any details to me and there was sketchy weather so everything started a couple hours late.

Anyways, everyone kept asking me if I was going to play in the football game. Turns out it was much more intense then I could have imagined. First of all, there were matching jerseys and shorts with our school logo on them. Apparently no female teachers had ever participated before and there were no girls playing on the student team either. So, just me. They insisted on “starting” me. It was pretty funny to realize that people were cheering for me when I heard “madam, madam” from the sides. Anyways, I was doing okay and kicked the ball a couple of times. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself for being open so much… then I counted the players on the field. They had totally just added me in as an extra person! They figured they’d just let me run around a little bit, lol, and somehow I still manage to get hurt!?!

So afterwards there was a reception. You know how when you chew and it sort of moves your whole head? So that’s when I realized I had quite a bump developing. When I got home I called my friend Liz who was in the middle of talking me through the symptoms of a concussion when my phone ran out of battery and refuses to be charged. So I thought shoot, now Liz thinks that I’ve passed out and I’m lying here so I ventured out to the call box to tell her that I was okay. And then I got some cold pineapple juice… bringing me to my current situation of one handed typing…. Blurgh! But I’m not nauseous or dizzy or have weird pupils so I should be in the clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment