Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bike Ride


Claire and I rode our bikes out to visit Cay and do an environmental education camp in her village.  The road started out going up into the mountains.  We went by lots of traditional houses and rock wall irrigation systems.  It was really pretty. 



Then the road flattened out and we just had the occasional sheep or cow herd. 



I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere but these guys helped me out.  They only had a motorcycle pump so they completely reconfigured my bicycle valve with random spare parts and a pair of scissors to accept the motorcycle pump.  And then we were back on our way!  In total the ride was about 80 km. 

1 comment:

  1. Not a time you want to be without a pump!! I do a lot of bike travel and even if I'm just going between cities, I make sure to have a pocket pump or CO2 cartridge with me...just in case.

    ReplyDelete