Friday, May 27, 2011

National Day




May 20th is the National Cameroonian holiday, celebrated of course with more marching. Each school has their own uniform and I thought these little kids were really cute. They are definitely better marchers than me and I was happy enough to be watching this parade… Rose and I had seats reserved in the “elites” section which made us feel very VIP.

School is officially over! I’ve finished grading all the exams and filling out all the report cards, hurray! Now I’m just reviewing with the older class to prepare for the national exam next month. There’s also going to be a conference on girls’ empowerment that I’m going to take the girls’ club to in Maroua which I’m really excited about.

The rainy season is just getting started. Even after just one heavy rain, the dirt road that connects my village to the main road completely flooded out. I thought the moto was going to float away we were literally driving through lakes getting back to post.

The water guy still hasn’t come to fill up my tank which is a little worrisome since all this rain is making the field difficult to access. And my fridge broke again. But, this probably means that now the water guy will come since everything couldn’t possibly be working at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment