Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rose, me and the other teachers at her lycee at Waza Park.
Giraffes!

Last Thursday Rose and I had a day trip to Waza Park with the other teachers from her lycee. Her principal lives in my town and invited me to come along. We drove through the park with a guide and saw monkeys, antelope, giraffes, an eagle, some other cool birds. Unfortunately we didn't see any elephants or lions cause they were all hanging out in a different part of the park this time of year.

Afterwards we visited the old house of the first president of Cameroon. It was a pretty elaborate compound that had just been totally abandoned which was sort of bizarre. Then we visited the hotel/restaurant at Waza which is really cool and went over to someone's house for lunch. Hopefully I can get some more of these pictures on facebook soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment