Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hey everybody, its been a long time since my last blog update. I'm finished with classes until January and currently on route south for training to be followed by some traveling. This last week was a little stressful getting all my exams and trimester grades done in time since we actually had to miss the last week of school for the training. I also wasn't getting much sleep because of the puppy.... I got my puppy! Butternut! She's pretty cute... when she's not whining or having accidents in my house or climbing into my bed in the middle of the night. Turning out to be a lot more work that I had thought it would be. First of all, getting her back to post was a bit of an adventure. I had ridden my bike into Maroua for the day for Thanksgiving so clearly couldn't return with the bike and the puppy. So I sent my bike back on the car (where somehow it got returned to me the next day with the bike lock missing which makes zero sense). Then I took a 2 hour moto with the puppy in my lap.... and I got peed on. She was being so calm and then all of a sudden was trying to jump off of the moto and I was trying to hold on to her. Turns out that was why. But, worse things have happened babysitting....

Anyways, our training is in Kribi, on the beach! Its for about a week starting Sunday (which is also Claire Kihn's birthday so we'll get to start celebrating). After the trianing we're going to travel around the area and visit some other less touristy beaches. Apparently theres some sea turtles and a wildlife reserve. After that the plan is to climb Mt. Cameroon. It's the highest mountain in West Africa but apparently not a very strenuous climb. We're going to have a 3-day expedition with the hopes of being on the top on Christmas day!

I've got a new computer on the way (thank you mom :-)) so hopefully when I get back to post in January I'll be able to get on the internet more regularly. I also just got a new telephone since that broke too. I might be able to get online a few more times en route. But, if not, Merry Christmas everyone!!! I miss you all and can't wait to hear all about fun holiday things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment